This webinar is so valuable! Lesley delivers insights that help us identify our own behaviour and then goes on to show how we can adjust our way of communicating to benefit both ourselves and those around us. Communication generally comes in one of 4 styles namely passive, aggressive, passive-aggressive or assertive. It is a fact that only the assertive style promotes healthy interpersonal relationships, harmony and successful collaboration whether it be in a classroom, an office, a home or on a sports field.
It is also a fact that when you communicate assertively with a person you encourage an assertive response – a win-win situation if you like.
Join Lesley Burns and learn how to take back your power. Having worked as an Occupational Therapist in the field of mental illness for over 30 years, Lesley can provide you with the skills you need.
This webinar covers the following:
- Understanding what it means to be assertive compared to the other styles of communication.
- Identifying your own and significant others’ styles of communication.
- Specific techniques to use in becoming more assertive.
- Interacting with colleagues and family.
- What to do in the face of aggression, verbal and / or physical.
- How to say “No” and mean it.
- Different personality types.
- How to regain your confidence and be a good leader and role model.
20 November - 09h00 - 11h00
PLEASE NOTE: Once we have received your registration, we will be in contact with you to arrange payment and provide you with the necessary info in order to attend Lesley’s webinar. We look forward to seeing you there.