Weathering economic perils through restructuring and retrenchments. COVID 19; Lockdowns (nationally and internationally) and a Ratings Downgrade has forced most companies to rethink how they do business.
Restructuring, lay-offs, short time and retrenchments are the new imperative as Companies try to survive. Labour Laws are perceived as a rigid hinderance to flexibility.
Come join us for a short webinar (2 hours) on the topic of Restructuring and Retrenchment in uncertain times.
I will look to address a number of misnomers and shed light on what can be a legal quagmire.
- What does it mean to restructure?
- What grounds can we use to retrench?
- What is the correct procedure to follow?
- What is voluntary retrenchment and when can it be applied?
- Is there difference between redundancy and retrenchment?
- What is severance pay; how is it calculated and when must it paid?
- How much information must be disclosed during the process?
- Must we involve the Trade Unions and to what extent?
- How does Business Rescue or Insolvency affect the process and the rights of the employees?
MORE ABOUT ANGUS:
We love doing webinars with Angus. He has a wealth of knowledge that he generously shares this with attendees. This coupled with his dry sense of humour make Angus’s webinars both highly valuable, informative and entertaining.
Angus is an admitted attorney with over 20 years’ experience, 10 of which have been in his own law firm. Angus’s experience includes being appointed as an Acting Judge in the Labour Court in 2017. He has lectured part-time and is a SETA accredited facilitator and trainer.
Retrenching & Restructuring
R475 per person
17 March - 09h00 - 11h00
PLEASE NOTE: Once we have received your registration, we will be in contact with you to arrange payment and provide you with the necessary info in order to attend Angus’ webinar. We look forward to seeing you there.